The question of which bosses you have to defeat in Elden Ring in order to reach the end is not so easy to answer. In the first half of the game, many options and different routes are open to you. From the second half of the game there are many clear duties. We crash the whole thing for you.
- Prerequisite 1: You need two big runes
- Prerequisite 2: Defeat one of the Leyndell Gatekeepers
- first half: reach Leyndell
- second half: from Leyndell
First first half: reach Leyndell
* second half: from Leyndell
first half: reach Leyndell
In order to get into the majestic city of Leyndell, west of the Altus plateau, you only have to defeat two of the bosses with large runes and certain gatekeeper bosses. However, you have the choice that are. You have to meet these requirements to reach the capital:
Prerequisite 1: You need two big runes
You get big runes when you defeat the big bosses of Limgrave , Liurnia , caelid and Gelmir . In theory, you only have to tackle two of the four bosses (plus gatekeeper). However, we recommend that you defeat all of these regional opponents for the gaming experience and the runes. Here is the overview:
Limgrave Liurnia Caelid Gelmir / Liurnia Nord
- 1. Margit (Limgrave): The boss on the bridge, which leads to Sturmschleier Castle , you just have to defeat if you want to do Godrick for your big rune. Here is our guide for the fight.
2. Godrick (Limgrave): * Godrick is the big boss of Limgrave, who awaits you in Sturmschleier Castle . It is an option to get a large rune. We have a guide for you .
3. Red Wolf Radagon (Liurnia): You have to pass this monster in the Academy of Raya Lucaria if you want to go to Rennala.
4. Rennala (LIURNIA): She is the final opponent of Liurnia in the Academy of Raya Lucaria and has a large rune.
5. Löwen -like Scheusal and melting putter (Caelid): * You may have to defeat this boss duo in Schloss Rot mans , if you want to go to Radahn, but be careful – only if you march there before you march before you rannis Questline have progressed up to a certain point. I wrote a column for this fight.
6. Radahn (Caelid): * You can complete the epic fight with Radahn at Schloss red mane to get a big rune. This can even be done without having to put it yourself .
7. MAGMALIND worm (Liurnia): There is a way around this boss, which awaits you in the cliff ruins in the far north of Liurnia. But this is quite difficult to find. Therefore, most players defeat the Lindwurm to get to the Altus-Plateau * and Gelmir.
- 8th. Rykard (Gelmir): You can also take a big rune. He is the ruler of Haus Vulkan in Gelmir.
Prerequisite 2: Defeat one of the Leyndell Gatekeepers
Again there are two options. Most likely you will face the dragon tree knight in front of the goal to the capital. In theory, you can also travel there from the throne of death prince after you have done the mob boss there.
Dragon tree guardian depths of deep root
9. Dragon tree guard (at Leyndell) * : This nasty enemy, who also brings lightning to the well -known moveset of the tree guard, awaits you in front of the goal to the capital.
10. Fias heroes (depths of deep root): * There is a path with which you can handle the dragon tree guard, because you can also sneak into the city by the depths of deep root. Then you have to defeat the mob that Fia ruses on you.
Are you looking for another guide? Here is our thematically ordered overview:
more on the subject
Tips and tricks for Elden Ring: All 53 reach Leyndell guides in the overview
second half: from Leyndell
Now the path that you have to take will be much more linear and you have to defeat all the final opponents in order to move forward in the area or the story.
Leyndell mountain peaks of the Giant Farum Azula ash capital
11. Godfrey (Phantom, Leyndell): * You have to face this boss to get on in Leyndell.
12. Morgott (Leyndell): There is also no way around this final boss in Leyndell.
13. Fire giant (mountain peaks of the giants): You have to complete this epic boss fight on the giant mountain summit in order to continue in the story.
14. Duo of the godskalpe (decaying Farum Azula): * This double boss stands in your way in the decaying Farum Azula and you can’t get any further without defeating it.
15. Besti -explorer / Maliketh (decaying Farum Azula): This final opponent, who changes a lot in the second phase, is the large boss of the Farum Azula region and you have to conquer it in order to be able to continue with the story.
16. Gideon Ofnir (Leyndell, Ashee capital): Our omniscient teacher, whom we had previously met at the Tafel of the grace, is now waiting for us as a duties in the ash capital Leyndell.
17. Godfrey / Hoarah Loux (Leyndell, Ashee capital): * You have already put Godfreys golden phantom. Now you have to fight him again in flesh and blood – with his second phase in which he becomes Hoarah Loux.
18. Radagon / EldenSeTie (Leyndell, Ashee capital) : Almost d1. You have arrived at the final boss of the game – or if you want it that way: two bosses at the final, because the Elden bestie is created as the second phase of the fight, but it is a really different opponent. Did you make it? Congratulations! How long players need up to this point varies very strongly, but is often in the range between 70 and 130 hours. *
Not missing two? If you miss Mohg and Malenia in this list: Both are optional bosses. In theory, you can travel to Mohg with Varrés Quest to kill him for one of the two big runes and get access to Leyndell, but we do not recommend that.
You just have to defeat Malenia if you want to reverse the effects of the audience with the three fingers and reach one of the other ends.
Do you plan to do only the most necessary bosses? Or if you are already through: have you faced all the final opponents or just the compulsory portion?